Friday, October 14, 2011

CE: iPhone > Blackberry.




After searching for a topic to write about for my current events post, I finally found this video on how Blackberry's company is facing service disruptions with the Blackberries, failing of profits, and their failure with the tablet launch. I picked this topic because my sister and I both used to be blackberry users and are part of the users who switched to Apple's iPhone. Blackberry's company is falling apart due to their users not being able to do what they want on their phones and their users are not getting the basic services which they are paying for. They're also falling apart because of their competition like Apple, who is attracting blackberry users to their iPhones. There has also been a concern on whether or not Rim is able to still exist on a stand-alone basis.

I can't believe Rim went from being worth about 70 billion dollars to almost 12 billion dollars. Even though 12 billion is still alot of money, going from 70 billion to 12 billion is a hell of a lot more. Aside from this, I don't think blackberry can be as popular as they were before now that Apple has come up with better and funner ways to communicate with others. For example, Apple has came up with the video chat called FaceTime where a person can chat and see with people all of the world. It's like webcamming but on a phone. Not only has Apple came up with a new way to communicate, but they also have multiple network services like 3G, 3Gs, 4G, and their newest network service, 4Gs. Being a user of both phones, if I were asked to choose between the two, I would most definitely stay with the iPhone because of the many apps it has and because of all the different ways I can communicate with others, ways that blackberry couldn't give me.

No comments:

Post a Comment