Wednesday, October 12, 2011

BC: My thoughts on Steve Job's philosophy of life.

In some ways, I agree with Steve Job's advice because I think that everbody should make their life worth living and make the best out of it. I think that if people spend their time planning their days out, that it's not as exiting or fun as the people who just go with the flow. From experience, going through the day doing things without planning the day before or ahead of time is weay better than going through a planned day because one, when it's planned, you already know what/where you're going to go and you end the day faster. When you don't plan, you and your friends may be spending time walking to a place you may find out 15-20 minutes or so minutes later that you either don't want to go there any more or you didn't really have to in the first place. ON the way, you can share more laughs and maybe even make a memory about getting lost or walking to somewhere you didn't even need to go to. People may say it's wasting time, but not everything we do in life has to be perfect. We're suppose to make mistakes, take the wrong bus, and/or even get lost. If someone were to be perfect and not do any of these, than they're not normal.

If people were to ask me for help on making big choices, I would probably tell them to really think about the situation and to think of what'll happen in the future with each choice they were to make. I would tell them to ask themselves or to think about which one, in the end, would make them happier, or which one was the better thing to do, even if it means the journey will be rough and cold. Basically, I'd help them choose what'll have a bigger and better impact on their life. I probably wouldn't give them Steve Job's advice though because when you live as if you were to die the next day, you probably wouldn't even think about the future because your life will be over the next day, and the things you do might negatively effect the lifes of other important to you. That's just what I'd do, I like to thoroughly think about the choices I make because I know that if I didn't and I did something that I shouldn't have done, I'd regret it and I don't like having regret.

In other ways, I disagree with Steve Job's advice because I think that yeah, there will be some days where you wouldn't agree or be satisfied with what you're doing, but in the end, you know it'd be worth it because you would possibly be happier with what it resulted in. It may have given you a well-paid job that you actually enjoy, and a better education. You may go from having one of the most boring lives ever lived to having the life that everyone wants to have. I like to think about what'll happened in the future better than thinking about now. I'd rather do thingsthat'll end up being for the better or making me happier than doing something that'll make me happy as I do it, but in the end, I won't be satisfied. If that even makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment