Friday, October 7, 2011

CE: Back-to-Back Typhoons hit the Philippines? No bueno.

Philippines steps up typhoon relief efforts

This makes me sad. The Philippines getting hit back-to-back? That sucks. Especially because this is where I'm from, even though I've never been there and I'm planning on going there, I'd still like a place for me to actually visit. It makes me scared that another typhoon will hit again when I'm there, or any of the other storms that they suffer though. Even though I've never met my family that lives there, I still care and love them. They're still family. Even the people that I'm not related to, I don't think anyone should be going through this, especially more than once a year. Not only did the Philippines get hit by Typhoon Nalgae last Saturday, but they were also hit in the same place, the main Luzon island, by Typhoon Nesat 5 days earlier. It sucks knowing that yearly, they go though about 20 storms, but these two typhoons were one of the most powerful storms this year, killing almost 60 people.

I can't imagine what it's like going through what they go through. It makes me want to get a job and send all my money to the Philippines and do everything I can to help them out. It's horrible knowing that not only has Typhoon Nalgae hit the Philippines, but it is moving towards other countries. I always wonder if something would ever hit us or move towards us - knock on wood - but, I'm glad nothing has. or, at least not since I was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment