Friday, September 9, 2011

RE: I'd be nothing if it weren't for my mom.

When I grow up and become successful, I will repay my parents every penny they spent on me.
This quote is from Pamela's blog. For some reason, this quote just caught my attention. I really like this quote because, let's be honest, how many times have you ever heard a person say these words? I like the thought of kids my age actually have a nice bond with their parents this close that they are willing to do this. I mean, I've never heard anyone say this before and I just thought it was sweet. Some day, I'd like to have one of my kids say this, not because I'd like them to really pay me back, but because it shows how much they love and care about me. Which is something really nice to know from a teenage kid. I say this because alot of kids these days say, "Ugh, I hate my mom/dad!", and I'll admit, I've said it before, but I've never really meant it.
I guess it's part of growing up. It's part of our teenage lives. Complaining about our parents because, even though we don't want to admit it or believe it, we are still kids and they just want what's best for us. I believe that, wether you're 3 or 17, you're still a kid until you are 18. Because 18 is the age where we finish high school and go on our own. Well, not completely on our own, but it's the time we go out and explore the real world. But anyways, ever since I was little, my plan was to get a really nice job and have enough money to buy a big house big enough to allow my mom to live with me, because I know when I'm older, I will miss having her around and spending time with her that I know I'd wish I did when she pasts away.

No comments:

Post a Comment